Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Liberty of London Quilt

I've been hoarding fabric again, this time it was Liberty of London tana lawns.  They are beautiful, colorful, and soft.  Since the fabric is pretty spendy, I have collected small pieces, and joined in on a swap, where we all bought one yard, cut it into fat eighths, and traded them, so we all got lots of different pieces.  It was a good way to do it!

So, after all of that, I decided on a quilt pattern.  This pattern was perfect for small pieces, and the overall design has a big impact.  The pattern is from a book by Sarah Fielke called Hand Quilted with Love.  I'm a huge fan of Sarah's patterns!  This went together so well.
Along with the Liberty of London fabric, I needed a neutral.  I decided on Robert Kaufman Essex Linen in Natural.  It is linen, so it's somewhat rough feeling, and I liked the difference in the feel of them.  It gives it lots of texture.
My friend Christina who blogs at The Sometimes Crafter, quilted it for me.  I love her feathers, and she did a beautiful job, thanks Christina!
I am keeping this quilt for me, I love it!  Do you have some Liberty of London fabric, what are you doing with it??


5 comments:

Dresden Lane said...

Wow- I love this quilt! great job. I have some of that Liberty Lifestyle fabric and it is SO amazing- the prints are impeccable. I made an X Plus quilt and I still have quite a bit leftover.

Ginny said...

This is beautiful and a great combination of fabrics! I have a stash of Liberty I have been collecting and have yet to decide what it will become- hopefully this is the year!

Linda said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love the old-fashioned look of it!

MysteryKnitter said...

You sure know how to quilt with style!

jezebel said...

I'm about to make a quilt with the same
Fabrics. When you washed it did the linen shrink funny?