Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sew Cute baby quilt!

I finished one of the 2 baby quilts I've been working on recently.  I wanted to make something simple, so I could get it done quickly.  This pattern is from Camille Roskelley's book called Simplify.  It is made using 5" squares.  I love how fast it went.
The fabric is called Sew Stitchy, by Aneela Hoey.  It has bobbins and pins on some of the prints, adorable!  I like the colors a lot in this line, they are bright and fun, also there is gray.  Gray is my favorite neutral.
I added the red polkadot for the border and binding, they give the quilt a good pop of color.  I quilted it with an all over stipple pattern with white thread.  I'm getting faster at free motion quilting (finally!)
And the backing is flannel, my favorite for a baby quilt, so soft and cuddly.

No comments: