Sunday, December 09, 2012

Odds & Ends

In between finishing up the custom order quilt that went out a few days ago, I've also been working in this little quilt.  It was inspired by the pretty yellow backing fabric I found, by Heather Bailey.
It's a small baby quilt, the squares are about 4", and it was so fun to put together!  I love the yellow and pink combination.  I like having an excuse to make these cute quilts!
This little one is for sale in my Etsy shop, Aqua Reef Studios!
I LOVE this Heather Bailey fabric, the yellow is so pretty.  I want curtains and dresses made out of this!! :)  For now, a quilt back will have to do.
For the Portland Modern Quilt Guild every Christmas we do a swap.  Everybody brings a sandwich bag full of fabric in it, and we all grab someone else's bag.  Then we have to take it home and make something out of it.  I grabbed a bag full of nautical fabrics (big surprise!) and came up with this tote bag.  I love this swap, the last two years I've done it, I loved what I made and what I got in return.
I've been eyeballing Elizabeth's pattern for awhile, and this was the perfect project for it.  This pattern was fantastic by the way, lots of pictures and explanations.  It's the first bag I've added a zippered pocket to as well.
Honestly, I'd love to keep it.  Which means I'd better make one for me!  How are you all coming on your Christmas present making?  I feel all caught up this year, I'm trying not to overdo it haha!

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

What a lovely baby quilt! That would be perfect for some little princess.