Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Another Wednesday is here already!  I have been trying to figure out what I want to work on next, besides starting new projects of course.

This week was super productive.  I have been working on a quilt for one of the girls that are in my church group, she is on her way to college next week, and we finished a quilt for her so she can have it when she starts on her new journey.  (I'll do a full post on this soon)
I made another scripture tote for one of the girls in my church group as well, she loves pink and purple. What more could a girl want?
Since I started my lonestar quilt last week, it has been my main focus.  I've got the blocks all pieced and now I am hand quilting it!  I've never hand quilted a quilt before, so I am just full of ambition on this project, and had to give it a go.  So far, so good!
I found a way to get around doing a Y-Seam, I'll share more with you about that journey, phew!  I am glad that is over.

This next week I want to keep on hand quilting my lonestar quilt, and start working on my warm/cool quilt-along quilt that I've been putting off for far too long.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday


MaterialGirlQuilts said...

Beautiful lonestar quilt. Can't wait to see if finished after your hand quilting!

Marian said...

Wow you have some beautiful projects! I got a quilt when I went off to college too, it was so nice to have. She'll love it! I love your Lonestar quilt. That's beautiful!

Dolly said...

Looking good.........the lone star, I mean. Hand quilting is it's own reward....a little slower, but such a different look, and then sometime later you're snuggling under the quilt or passing it and you think, "wow, I did every one of those stitches by hand ! Amazing!"

A little tip......when quilting by a seam, if you quilt on the side that is AWAY from the seam allowance, you don't have as many layers of fabric to needle through.

I'm loving the colors in the college-girl quilt.

Kathy A. said...

Heather - you always have the most beautiful colors in your quilt. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to next.
I need you to come and spend some time with me and help me to make my pile of stash into quilts lol.