Friday, January 06, 2012

Heather the Elf is retired until next October


Remember that tote bag I made over the summer?  The tutorial is by Noodlehead, and it is such a great bag, I use it all of the time.  I liked it so much, I made 8 more!  I thought they’d be perfect gifts.
I have had some home dec weight fabrics in my stash for quite awhile (5 years??) and it was begging to be used.  It takes a ½  yard for the outside body and a ½ yard for the inside, so it is a great stash buster.  I think it’d look great in those big floral prints!

And another fun thing I made are keychain clips.  My BFF Becky made one for me and I love it!  I decided everybody I know needed one too.  I found the clips at Joann.  They sell them by the handbag hardware.  They even had them in several colors.  I used this amazing tutorial.  You guys should all go make them, they are great!
I've cleaned my sewing table off, organized my fabric, and have a game plan for this month.  It feels good to start some new projects!  What are you working on right now?  

3 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

cute projects! i have one commission project to work on...then nothin' but me, baby! it's so exciting to get the "commission" but i always underestimate the time involved...

stacy marie said...

I recognize that kitty chain! So awesome. You are the Fabric Queen of Joannsland. hehe

MysteryKnitter said...

Those three at the bottom are awesome. I mean the items in the picture.