Friday, September 02, 2011

Bags and more bags

We have been making more bags. This summer wasn’t really designated to quilting, but to bags! After I made the Summer tote from the Noodlehead tutorial, my daughter wanted to make one. I then decided to have her friend Grace make one with us as well.

The girls did all of the cutting and most of the sewing, I helped with the finishing of it, but I was proud of them for working so hard! I think it made them realize how much work sewing really is, it took us a couple of days to make the bag and that helped to break up the time.

Jessie’s bag uses fabric from the Max & Whiskers line by Moda. She picked that fabric out on her own, and Grace used fabric she had already, I love the lizards! So, here are two happy and proud girls.

In other news, I made another scripture tote. I love how this one turned out. I plan on doing a tutorial for these bags sometime soon.

Labor day weekend is here! Can you believe it? There is a lot going on. My kids start school on Tuesday, we are having mixed emotions of excitement and anxiety. Also my husband and I have been married for 12 years this weekend, so we are going on an excursion to the Columbia River Gorge. We are excited to celebrate, 12 years isn’t too shabby is it? :) I wish you all a happy and fun weekend!!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Happy anniversary!!!! Hope you are having a fun weekend and cute, cute bags :-).

Linda said...

All your bags are so cute. I hope you post the tutorial for the scripture totes soon! Congrats on your anniversary. (My husband and I will celebrate 34 years in November. I wish you as much happiness and joy as we've had!)

MysteryKnitter said...

Happy Anniversary!