Monday, May 02, 2011

Trying to get back in the groove

I needed a little pick me up, the quilts I am making right now are big and require lots of thought. My brain has been shut down these past few weeks. So, I pulled out a coin purse pattern I've had, and decided to give it a go.
The pattern is called Cash & Carry by Atkinson Designs. I thought they were cute, and I like finding new ways to make little bags. My favorite was the one that held the cards on the outside pockets, so this is the one I tried first.
I made a few mistakes, and realized half way through that I should have been using a walking foot.. but I plan to make several more soon! I got my practice one in now :D

8 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'd like to do some little bags one day too. I've not played around with zippers as yet. Your coin purses are cute, cute, cute!

randi said...

cute! it is nice to make something small and simple, isn't it!

Linda said...

So cute. I love your mushroom fabric. What a handy little bag!

Grain Damaged said...

Oh those are so cute!

Suburban Stitcher said...

cute mushroom fabric! i'm slow on stella these days too. it seems as i only get a few blocks done a night. at this rate it will take me all year ;)

Sinta Renee said...

REally really cute coin purse, the fabric is great and the other combos you have chosen are going to be fantastic!

Katrina said...

Everything is so pretty!!! Love the French General quilt :-).

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice fabrics and nice little project you have made.