Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stars & Stripes Forever

When Vonna and I decided on a 4th of July exchange, I started digging through my stash. I found a chart from Bent Creek, called Stars & Stripes Forever. I knew this was it! So, looking at the linen I had I didn't find a piece of 32 count big enough. I didn't want to go to the needleshop store to get anything, I have so much at home! Then I realized that the 28 count laguna was really big, and what if I stitched it over one??
I used Needle Necessities & Weekes Dye Works threads, they weren't the "recommended thread" on the chart, but who says I do anything recommended? This was a fun chart to stitch, I really enjoyed the challenge of stitching over one, and was so glad to hear Vonna loves it!
Project bags are useful, so that is what I made it into. I have one and love it!
I now have this chart, ready for a new home. Leave a comment telling me if you are interested and I'll draw a name next Monday! Thanks for stopping by :)

16 comments:

Courtney said...

ooh I love it!! add me!! <3

Linda said...

I was just thinking today that I needed a project bag for a new Mac-a-Doodle design I started. This would be perfect!

Carolyn said...

I just love your project bag for Miss Vonna and I ADORE patriotic charts. I would love to enter your contest. You still amaze me at what you get done! HUGS

Amanda said...

Congrats on the finish it looks great! Love the project bag too!

jlk said...

So cute! Sign me up. I would love to stitch it :)

Kim B said...

Lovely finish!

Dani said...

Great job Heather ... I thought the chart looked familiar and going back through my old posts ... it seems that it was part of our 4th of July F&S exchange 2 years ago. Glad you finally got a chance to stitch it :)

Deb said...

You don't have to add me to the giveway, but I just love what you did with this pattern. What a great idea!

Friendship Crossing said...

Hi,
I just found your blog and love anything Americana!

I don't have that chart and I sure love the way you stitched it into that darling project bag! How clever! Looks great!

Please add me in ~thanks!

Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

marion.shaw@sympatico.ca
You do such beautiful work! Please add me.
Marion

Melody said...

What a nice finish for that piece! It looks great. I'd be happy to have you add me to your drawing.

Thanks!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a fantastic stitch and beautifully finished!

Anonymous said...

The bag and stitching are awesome! Great stitching! I love this chart and would love to enter for a chance. Thank you!!
Pam

pj said...

What a darling project bag and lucky Missy Vonna. Great job. YOu don't have to add me to your giveaway. Let us know if you want to make project bags for hire!!!!
Happy 4th! Enjoy...pj

kathy said...

just found your blog not sure if this is too late. I would love to own that chart. I am new to stitching and am loving it. That the whole finished projected was awesome. Kathy

Victory said...

Heather, I would love to do that stars & stripes chart! I can see exactly where I'd put it, too. You're welcome to come over any time & look at my charts, too.