Monday, May 17, 2010

The weather is finally making a nice turn to warmth, sunshine and blue skies. I’ve been outside a lot this past week, and it has really given me an energy boost. I am so grateful for it! I had a baby shower for my friend on Saturday morning, it was a lot of fun! She is having a boy next month. I am really excited for them.

I wanted to thank those of you that left comments about my mom on my last post, she is an amazing person. The dialysis treatments she is now getting are helping her out quite a bit, and we are all counting our blessings.

I’ve been stitching away for an exchange coming up next month! It is close to being done now. I can’t wait to share it with you. It has been pretty time consuming. You know me, go big or go home!

On the quilting front:

First off, I am totally excited for my LQS (local quilt shop) Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe. They were featured in the Quilt Sampler Magazine as a TOP 10 shop. That shop is totally amazing. Everytime I go in there I get inspired and can’t wait to get home and make more quilts. So, if you are ever in Portland, be sure to get out to their shop, you won’t regret it.

I’ve been using up my scrap bin, I made this baby quilt top from my scraps. Most of them are Amy Butler fabrics. How cute huh? I like these coin quilts, really easy to make and a nice pattern. I am currently quilting my May Schnibbles, so far so good.I’ve busted more stash… oh yes I have. I pulled out a lot of my blues/reds/creams to make a scrappy Americana quilt. I cut a whole bunch of 6” squares and then made half square triangles out of them. I am now playing with layouts. The blocks shown are only about half of what I have. What layout do you like? Well, off I go. I hope you all have a great week.

14 comments:

Megan said...

I love to see stash-busting quilts - so inspiring! That ziggy zaggy layout gets my vote. And don't you love those quilting gloves? I heart mine bigtime.

Brenda said...

#2, I vote for #2!!!! I'm sure those blocks will look gorgeous no matter how or where yo place them but I love the way the eye goes right to the center block in the escond pic. =) Can't wait to see you work your magic on this one. B=)

Andrea said...

I like the zig-zag layout a bit better - lovely fabrics x

Kathy A. said...

Wow that sewing machine has been singing again. Love the scrap quilts. I like the zigzag too!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love all your quilts Heather! You're going to have to invest in a quilt chest to display all your precious lovelies!
That Americana scrappy quilt is truly gorgeous! My personal vote is the triangular form, as I think it is so traditional :)

Brigitte said...

It's always such a pleasure to see your posts with your finished quilts and your quilt WIPs. When leaving your blog I always feel the urge to start a new quilt myself and I have to fight this feeling down as I first have to finish some minor quilted projects.
Personally I'd slightly prefer the version with the red centre. I love traditional.

Loraine said...

Wow really cute quilts. I like the coin quilts as well.
My vote is for the second layout, but the first one is nice too.
Great stuff. Enjoy the weather.

Denise in PA said...

My vote is for the zig-zag layout! What a great idea for stash-busting! Love the coins quilt too - I've been toying with making another. I have to say you are a lucky girl to have the Hollyhill shop nearby! I order on-line from them a lot and reading about them in Quilt Sampler made me really sad I'm not close (and that is an understatement!) Glad to hear your mom is responding well!

Cathy B said...

I just love stopping by your blog to see your recent quilt finishes. Your quilts are just amazing!

Anne Ida said...

You go girl, on the Shnibbles quilting! And way to go stash busting! The stacked coins are very soft an pretty - it will be a lovely quilt!

The red/white/blue... I'm partial to the zig-zag! But I really like the other one, too! It will be fun to see which one you select ;o) Either way, it will be another pretty quilt!

Vee said...

Love, love, love the quilts! I think both layouts are great but if I HAD to make a choice it would be the zig zag layout.

Excellent colour choices.

Susan said...

Loved seeing your coin quilt. My daughter likes the Amy Butler fabrics and this will be a good way to use up the scraps.

I'm a sucker for red, white and blue quilts. The second layout has my vote!

Victory said...

I like the medallion. I did some Americana scrap busting over the weekend, too.

MysteryKnitter said...

The baby quilt is awesome.