Tuesday, May 04, 2010

April, so long farewell!

It’s May, my how April flew by! We had such a fun time too. The kids are a year older, and so am I! Last Tuesday was my birthday I am the big 30 now. Awesome right? Mark was good to me, I had a wonderful day, and I feel very blessed to have my family. Did you know there is only a month and a half of school left?? Hmmm… I am not counting down at all ;)
So, May... I have a few plans, here is what I've been working on so far.
On Sunday I finished piecing my Summer Porch quilt top, isn't it pretty? I need to get it basted and quilted now.
Then the May Schnibbles quilt is a "choose your own" I have this pattern Nash, along with Cotton Blossoms fabric all picked out. I have this kitted up for awhile now, I am glad to be using it up!
Here is the pink and green baby quilt I put together. Really simple and clean. Love it!
April Review:
Piece backing and baste Spring Stars Quilt *backing is pieced*
Complete Summer Porch Quilt Top *nope*
Make the April Schnibble Quilt *yes*
Work on Plant the Seeds *yes, completed it*

Also in April: Made the Pint-Sized quilt, started an Americana quilt for my boss, started the Hexagon Quiltalong, started a cross stitch exchange, made a pink/green baby quilt top
May Goals:
Baste Spring Stars Quilt Complete Summer Porch Quilt Top
Make the May Schnibbles Quilt
Work on cross stitch exchange
Piece backing for Nikki’s Veggie Quilt
Baste and Quilt pink/green baby quilt
I am hosting a baby shower this month for a friend, I can’t wait. It’ll be a lot of fun. Do you have any ideas for it? If you do, let me know! Have a great week.

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy birthday Heather! The quilt tops are so beautiful. I love that fabric!

Loraine said...

Happy, Happy Birthday dear! You look great at 30!
Love all the new quilts. As always the colors are wonderful!
Hope you have a great day!

Andrea said...

Happy belated birthday!

Siobhán said...

Happy birthday, Heather!! Thirty looks good on you. :) Love the quilt tops you've done--gorgeous! I can't wait to see your May Schnibbles.

Denise in PA said...

Happy Birthday! The quilts are lovely, as always o:)

Katrina said...

Happy belated birthday and your quilts and fabrics are gorgeous.

Kathy A. said...

Belated but heartfelt Birthday Wishes Heather. Looking fine!
Love your quilts! I wish I lived closer so I could see all this amazing quilting up close and personal.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Happy, happy birthday to the sweetest sweetie in blogland! 30 is awesome and you make it look great!

:)

LOVE THE QUILTS!

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Heather! You are as cute as your sweet children.

Wow, so many beautiful quilts on your blog. You have been a very busy and productive lady. What is the Hexagon Quiltalong that you mention in the post? I love working with Hexagons.


Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!

Brigitte said...

Happy belated birthday, Heather!
Your new quilts look absolutely terrific and I love, love the Moda charm packs.

Just Jenn said...

Belated Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Karan said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you. Beautiful quilts, as always. :0)

MysteryKnitter said...

Pretty quilt on the way again. I mean your WIP. I wonder, if it is meant for some little princess.