Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tagalongs and Hexagons

Hey there! The crazy hectic week is over for another year. My kids are a year older now. Curren turned 9 years old on the 8th, and Jessie turned 8 years old on the 9th. Isn’t that confusing? They are getting so big, and I am loving it. Mark’s parents came out for their birthdays, the first time they have been able to celebrate with us, and it was great. Jessie also got baptized on the 10th. Another wonderful event!
Between parties, shopping, and sightseeing, not a whole lot of crafting time was put in. I started a new cross stitch, but it’s for an exchange I am doing. It is adorable, and you will love it too!

There is so much going on in blog-land right now. I want to sign up for everything, but I am using some self control. You know I am doing the Schnibbles Quilt a month, well, I started Tagalong this week. I am using fabric from my stash. The charm packs I picked out are called Fig & Plum. Aren’t they pretty? Aqua, lavender, sage green, cream, nice. Go check out Fig Tree Quilts blog, eye candy. Also, Julie at Jaybird Quilts has started a Hexagon Quiltalong. I decided to join since I have several jelly rolls laying around. I chose to use Plume by Tula Pink.
There is a pattern book I bought called Sizzling Sixties by Heather Mulder Peterson. It uses the 60 degree triangle ruler to make hexagon blocks as well, so I am happy Julie is doing this quiltalong, because I’ll be ready to make quilts from this book!
More to share, but have to go make dinner. Mark is having a coworker come over, and I am blogging, when I should be cleaning :D

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a fun week you've had, with birthdays, baptisms, and grandparents! I love your new quilt blocks. All so pretty. I have been sewing all morning (making a version of your orange and aqua baby quilt) and I just got mail saying my in-laws would be here in two days. SO! I'd better stop blogging and start cleaning too. Still haven't finished changing sheets from the last round of visitors...

Kathy A. said...

Wow, you have had one busy crazy week.
Your new quilt blocks are so wonderful.

Katrina said...

Happy belated birthday to Curren and Jessie!

Love the quilt blocks too :-).

Denise in PA said...

I just got two layer cakes of Fig & Plum - beautiful fabrics! I also JUST found Heather Mulder Peterson's patterns and bought Sizzling Sixties - I'm just waiting for my 60 degree ruler to arrive!

Great photos of the birthday kids!

Loraine said...

What wonderful starts. I love the colors!
So excited for Jessie!

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog...I spy a Schnibble and like what I see with the Sizzling Sixties...i have the ruler...need to use it!

Angela Nash said...

I have the Sizzling Sixties book, too. I've been putting of using it and joined Julie's hexalong also! Plume will be great!