Monday, April 19, 2010

Tagalong Schnibbles

*pretty double rainbow last week*
Happy Monday! How was your weekend? We had a really nice one. The weather was so gorgeous on Sunday, we went for a long bike ride with the kids. On Saturday I got a lot of sewing done, and had friends over for dinner. I am sad it is over.
So, my weekend plans were to get two quilts quilted right? Wrong. I got my Schnibbles Tagalong quilted and bound, and Pint Sized basted, that is it. I should not be so hard on myself, I did pretty good considering right?
Here is Tagalong. I used two Fig & Plum charm packs from my stash, and when I got to the borders I didn’t have enough strips to finish it up, so I went stash diving. I found lots of fabrics that worked great so I could finish this quilt top. Woo! It is stipple quilted with cream thread.
I had some Heather Bailey fabric yardage that I put on the back that had peach in it. I hardly have any peach colored fabrics in my stash. I was so happy with how this looks with the top, it’s so pretty. So, everything making up this quilt is from stash, you all should high five me, seriously.
Now I get to wonder what pattern we are making for May. And… can you believe it is mid-April? It is flying by. The weather is finally getting nicer here. For the first time I’ve had to take allergy medicine. The pollen is horrid right now! Even Mark and Jessie are taking it. I hope that it will clear up soon, I don’t like taking medicine.
You know, now that I am thinking about it, I bet I could have finished both quilts this weekend, but I started a new one (don’t ask, I was bored on Friday evening and was going through my stash). My friend Becky is making a quilt using the cutest pink and green fabrics. I started looking through what I have, and found lots (and lots) of pink and green, so I am copying haha! She is using a different pattern, but it’s all her fault :) This quilt didn’t even put a dent in the stash. It’s a baby quilt, cute yes? I think I could make a dozen of them and maybe use up my pink and green. We won’t talk about that though. Okay that is enough yammering for today, thanks for visiting!!!

14 comments:

Courtney said...

OMG I love that quilt!! So cute!

I believe you have my mailing address?? HAHAH!

Sinta Renee said...

Love your Schnibbles quilt It turned out so cute in the Fig & Plum & I really love the backing!!!
I wonder what you will be doing for May also!;)

Sasha said...

Your Schnibble is lovely!!!

Loraine said...

So cute! Love the back of this fabric. Wonderful choice. Pink and Green should make a darling quilt too. Can't wait to see.
Beautiful Rainbow!
Take Care.

Nicole said...

Your quilt turned out so pretty Heather! I'm just amazed at your talent and how fast you are!! :)

Angela Nash said...

I love it! very nice finish

Linda said...

I thought I had a busy weekend. I am tired just thinking about yours. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful and you should be AMAZED at all you accomplished this weekend!

Siobhán said...

Oh wow, Heather!! I just love your quilt. I was excited to see that you used Fig & Plum fabrics. After whining about it for the last few years, I finally decided to get back into quilting after a decade long hiatus. I am starting small, just ordered some charm packs--BBD & Fig Tree. :) Anyway, congrats on the finish, and can't wait to see what's coming up for May!

Katrina said...

What a gorgeous quilt, you are so talented. I love the rainbow too.

Brigitte said...

Oh Heather, I can't get enough of looking at your quilts. You're one of the most productive women I know when it comes to quilting. This new one is just wonderful. I'll have to find a source for these Schnibberl patterns here in Europe.

Lennu said...

Hi Heather! Your quilts are GORGEOUS again, I just love this one! The colours are perfect, what a beauty it is. Have a very happy week!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Another beautiful quilt! I love the backing fabric.

Béa said...

Your quilt turned very pretty, love Fig & Plum fabrics.Hugs from France.

MysteryKnitter said...

What a lucky prince or princess the future owner of that quilt will be!