Monday, April 05, 2010

Sam Sarah: Plant the Seeds

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter holiday. We were able to spend it with our good friends, which made it extra nice. The weekend was productive for me because it rained constantly, and we had nowhere to be.

I actually finished another cross stitch. I know, I have not been stitching as much as I used to :) I finished this up while watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition… it was hard to finish it because I was crying so much. That show always gets to me. The chart is by Sam Sarah called Plant the Seeds. I like the cute buttons on it.
I’d like to give this chart away, so if you are interested please leave your name and email, I’ll draw a name next week for it :) Katrina gave this kit to me as a gift, and so I’ll send it on.

What is the next project I plan to start? I can't tell, it's for an exchange.

So, I am counting down the days until summer. Mark and I went out on a date Saturday night, and stopped by REI. While he was looking at knives, I checked out their books. I found a great hiking book for Oregon. I have plans you see, plans of hiking every weekend through the wilderness around here, and I am totally excited. I bought the hiking book, found an empty notebook and started writing down the hikes I found interesting. All of them are shorter 2-6 mile hikes, because I plan on dragging my kids along for the fun. Now, it just needs to dry up around here so we can get out. That won’t be for another month or two though. *sigh*

8 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Oh, I know! I haven't been stitching much lately, either, but I did pick up my stitching yesterday, and I may have the bug again!

staci said...

I haven't been stitching as much either...I'm on a knitting binge :)

Your finish is really cute. I'll pass though since I've got so much to stitch!!!

Katrina said...

Too cute, congrats on the finish :-).

Do they rank the hikes? There's a book here that classifies all the hikes by boot, 1 boot easy, 4 boot difficult. Sounds like fun!

Sherry said...

Congratulations on the finish and what a cute design. Don't enter my name for the giveaway as I have so many patterns already calling my name!

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on finishing that sweet design.
Sound syou have some plans for the great outdoor this summer. We were enjoying hiking with the kids, too. It's such a lot of fun to explore nature and have a nice picnic underway.

Siobhán said...

That is SO cute!! Great job, Heather.

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely little stitch and what a sweet gift from Katrina.

I am just catching up on my blog reading. Heather - your quilting is amazing. Each and every quilt leaves me in awe. It makes me want to run to my sewing machine and start working on another one. You inspire me.

natalie. beyond the reef said...

I am interested in your pattern - - grow the seeds you wish to harvest -- or I will contact the original designer and order one...thanks!
natalie@beyondthereefpatterns.com

I think I will try some crossstitch again as I have developed 'knitting elbow' and am looking for something to do while crying during the same show!! Thanks.