Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pint Sized Wee Play

I have another finish, woohoo! This quilt is from the pattern called Pint Sized, by Camille over at Simplify. I had one charm pack of Wee Play in my stash, and dug around to find the borders and backing too. I am happy to have this completed. I really like the looks of these pinwheels, they are fun. Also, it took a long time to make these little blocks, they are only about 4” square, and you have to cut, sew, press, cut again, etc. It was time consuming to make, not a quickie. I don’t mind that though, but in case you want to run out and make one right now (like I did!) then be aware :D Camille also has a pattern that uses the same block, only bigger and it is called Wild Thing, I have that pattern too, and I am sure it goes together quicker than the “mini” version that I did.
I did find another tutorial for this quilt block here if you are interested. The blog is Two Dogs & a Quilt. Let me know if you make one, they are super cute!
In other news I’ve been listening to podcasts for Quilting. Who would have thought? I have really enjoyed them too. I have downloaded several, and have found I like these two the best:

Annie Smith with Simple Arts. Annie has been doing this for 4+ years, and is good at it, she’s got it down. I like her approach to talking with quilt shop owners, designers, and teachers. She lets them just talk, and it’s neat to hear how they approach quilting, such a huge variety of people. You’ll love her!

And

Pat Sloan with Creative Talk Radio. Pat just started hers up a few months ago, and I love her! She has had some awesome quilters on her show that I have learned a lot from. Pat is fun, and really keeps it fresh, with what is new in the industry.

I went to my Itunes and downloaded all of their episodes, and have been listening in my car, or on my walks. Let me know if you have any favorite podcasts, quilting or non quilting.

10 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

so cute! i made wild thing at the end of last year, and I agree...a time consuming quilt! probably the same amount of "labor" just a big version. yours is super cute :)

Luv 2 Kreate said...

The Wee Play quilt is SUPER cute!

KarenV said...

That turned out great! I love the colours, so cheerful!

Karan said...

More beautiful finishes. I don't quilt but I do love to see what you've been making. :0)

Katrina said...

Gorgeous quilt! I always love the see what you are working on :-).

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks amazing!! It is a pattern I have wanted to try for many years. Off to look at the tutorial! Thanks!!

Denise in PA said...

Your quilts are just beauitful! Found your blog not too long ago and am catching up. I just love your Shores of Hawk Run Hollow cross stitch. I would love to make it too! I know you used 32 count linen - can you you tell me what size piece of linen you used for it?

Sinta Renee said...

This is on my want to do list!!! I love them... yours look so cute! Great job!

Queen B. said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

MysteryKnitter said...

Beautiful.