Friday, April 02, 2010

Pint Sized Wee Play

Oh dear, I can't resist baby quilts right now, I have about a dozen in my head I want to make. I plan on it too, but that may be a bit over ambitious!

So, I started Pint Sized, a pattern by Thimble Blossoms. You all know the designer Camille at Simplify. Her blog is so awesome, and very inspiring, go and see her if you have not already. She has this pattern Pint Sized, which is a mini version of another quilt pattern called Wild Thing (which I plan to make as well). So, it requires using 1 charm pack, and I happened to have only one charm pack of Wee Play, which I have been hoarding for a few years now. Talk about the perfect pattern for this fabric! I love this pattern, it's adorable.
When I first started cutting this out, I soon found out it was pretty tedious. Not that this scares me off, but just saying, it'll take a bit of time to cut and piece this quilt. It turns out really perfect though, since you have to cut down all of the pieces.

There are the border fabrics I am using, all from my stash. Yep, this whole quilt is from stash. Awesome right? I am trying...
On Thursday we went to see the movie How to Train Your Dragon. We all loved it! I wish they could have just started it all over again after it ended. It was fantastic. Mark and I both agreed it was one of the best movies we'd seen for a long time. We saw it in 3D, and it was very cool :) Let me know if you see it!

I've got a lot to do now, it's Easter on Sunday. Mark's parents come in on Wednesday, Curren's birthday is Thursday, Jessie's birthday is Friday, and Jessie is getting baptized on Saturday. Phew! I can't wait, it'll be a wonderful week. You all have a nice weekend, and enjoy Easter and take the time to think about the blessing that Jesus gave us. I am so thankful.

7 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Love your wild thing! my lqs has some more wee play charm packs if you ever need more... I see them there every time I go in :)

Lurline said...

Have enjoyed my little browse, thanks, Heather - Happy Easter to you, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Cathy B said...

Always love seeing your quilt projects. You have a busy week ahead of you - hope all goes well.

Happy Easter!

KarenV said...

I love that quilt pattern! Congratulations on using your stash too :)

Loraine said...

Happy Birthdays to all of your family. Happy Baptism to Jessie. Something to do in between conference? What a busy but wonderful day!
Love all the new little quilts. So cute!
Hugs.

lucette said...

i ve just saw it today with my two little boys....every one enjoyed this movie !!! but it wasn't in 3d....what a pity...

amities de France

MysteryKnitter said...

I have heard of the movie but I have not seen it. What a nice, pretty quilt.