Saturday, December 12, 2009

Schnibbles Tuffets

The "Schnibbles a Month" in December was the Tuffets! I really like making pin cushions, they are too fun. I made 5 of them today. All of them were from scraps.

Jessie is really getting into sewing. My friend Barbara teaches girl's beginning sewing classes. She made me so happy when she told me "Mom, quilting is AWESOME!" Jessie loved the Tuffets as you can see.

Jessie is getting one of them, I managed to hide the blue/brown ones from her. I bought her a sewing box with pins, scissors and other fun stuff, the pincushion will match her sewing box.

10 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Those are some cute little pincushions but not as cute as the little girl holding them.
Hmmm - a future quilter in the making!!

Lurline said...

I love - you make me feel guilty - back to 'My Studio'!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Loraine said...

So cute! Love the pincushions, and your Puzzle quilt is amazing!
What a good idea to give daughter a sewing set of her own. I should do that for mine. I've had a pattern for a stitched one, but I think I better do something that I can do quick!
Love it all!
Take Care.

Sherri said...

Love, love, love your pincushions!!! And your daughter really looks like she loves them too!

Sinta Renee said...

Those pincushions are so addictive! They all turned out so cute! The little sewing box to give to your daughter is a wonderful idea. She looks like such a sweetie pie!

Katrina said...

Love all the pin cushions, it's so nice your DD is enjoying sewing so much :-).

Karan said...

Love those cute tuffets. It will be wonderful for you both to share your hobby. :0)

Béa said...

Love your tuffets, happy New Year from France !

Carrie said...

YES! Congratulations on growing a new quilter! It's always the cute little things that lure them in, isn't it?

The Tuffets are gorgeous but the Tuffet-holder is even more so! Excellent work on providing quilting with a beautiful, blonde poster-girl for the next generation of quilters!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

adorable!! i love how you used your scraps... good way to use every last bit!