Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A little of this, a little of that

Christmas is this week, we are Soooooo excited in our house. My kids are constantly talking about what Santa will bring, and it's so cute! I am lucky and have this whole week off to spend at home with my kids. We have been enjoying the down time a lot.

I finished up the "Victorian Garden" quilt top last night. These fabrics are so summery, I think I'll call this quilt Hydrangea Garden instead. I found a flannel fabric for the backing. It looks like a field of wheat, and it's so soft!
Next up, I finished quilting and binding the Picnic Schnibbles quilt that I worked on in November. I backed it with some Amy Butler fabric I had in my stash. The quilting is just a meandering stipple. It's getting easier to quilt now, and I am relieved!
And another block on Shores of Hawk Run Hollow is complete! I have 2 more to go and it'll be finished *yes*
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope you are able to be with your family and friends this weekend. Love to you all!

7 comments:

Loraine said...

What wonderful quilts! I love the back for your picnic quilt...so cute!
Congrats on another "Shores" block. It is looking wonderful.
Have a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy your family.

Tambo said...

That blue is absolutely gorgeous!! You've done such a great job on your "shores" too. Beautiful.

Merry Christmas!

Anne Ida said...

Your Hydrangea Garden quilt is gorgeous! Look forward to seeing how you will quilt it :o) The picnic schnibbles quilt is so sweet! And that funky Amy Butler fabric is perfect backing for it!

Wishing you and the family a very happy Christmas! Hope the kids will love what Santa bring :o)

Brigitte said...

Oh, how beautiful. I love the new name you gave to the quilt above. What a vibrant blue you used. It looks gorgeous.
The Schnibbles Picnic quilt is wonderful with a great backing fabric.
You are doing great on Shores.

Béa said...

Love your quilted pic nic, wonderful !

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

nice work... i adore the colors in your picnic quilt!

patchwork said...

Your stitching is amazing with lovely and bright combination to co ordinate perfectly with the background you choose.