Monday, December 14, 2009

2010 Goals

2009 Wrap Up

Well, I stitched my heart out in 2008, but 2009 was different for me. I worked on ONE project all year, I barely touched anything else. Shores of Hawk Run Hollow is really huge, and it has sucked me in. I doubt I’ll stitch anything else until this is finished. Only 2-1/2 blocks to go!

Quilting dominated my year. I started a lot of new projects, and learned to free motion quilt my own quilts. This takes up a lot of my time, but I love the process so it is here to stay.
This list is my “2009 Quilting goals” I did pretty well I think.

Finish my current WIP:
Pinwheels Quilt *have not touched*
American Pie Quilt *finished!*
Cherie’s Quilt *finished!*
Victorian Garden Quilt *working on quilt top*

Send out to get quilted, because the tops are done:
Blue/Yellow log Cabin *have not touched*
Star Lights Quilt *have not touched*

What I have kitted up:
Mermaid quilt, find a good pattern for these fabrics… *have not touched*
Heather Bailey fabric, use Living Large Book *have not touched*
Flannel winter blanket, make a rag quilt *have not touched*
3 Schnibbles patterns are kitted up *doing the Schnibbles a month!*
Blue Frost quilt kit *all cut out, need to start sewing*
Amy Butler Blue/Green quilt kit *this is Puzzle Play, it’s finished!*

2010 should be a fun year for me. I have a lot of things in my head to work on, I can’t wait to get started.

Finish my current WIP:
Shangri-La Quilt: Quilt and Bind
Victorian Garden Quilt: Finish top, quilt & bind
Star Lights Quilt: Quilt & Bind
Blue/Yellow Log Cabin: Quilt & Bind
Blue Frost Quilt: Sew blocks, quilt & bind
Picnic Schnibbles: Quilt & Bind
Pop Garden II quilt: Quilt & Bind
Christmas Table Runners: Make Backs, quilt and bind

What I have planned to start:
8: Schnibbles a month quilts
Christmas Quilt
Mermaid quilt, find a good pattern for these fabrics…
Heather Bailey fabric, use Living Large Book
Flannel winter blanket


Nic said...

Well done on your achievements for 2009 and good luck with your goals for 2010!

Karan said...

You did well with your goals. Good Luck with next years. :0)

jaybird said...

its good to have goals!! you did a nice job at getting most of your 2009 ones done.. so i'm sure you'll do well in 2010