Thursday, October 15, 2009

Puerto Rico, and some projects...

Dude, it’s the middle of October. Seriously how did that even happen? Thanks for all of the sympathy and love sent from you regarding the car accident. Everybody is okay, and my car is being repaired now (it wasn’t totaled). On Thursday the 8th, Mark and I flew to Puerto Rico! Our 10 year wedding anniversary was in September and he took me with him on a business trip to Puerto Rico to celebrate. How awesome is he? I know, I did good :) We stayed in Ponce and I managed to sit by the pool, and walk on the beach for 4 days straight, it was amazingly relaxing. My friend Denise stayed with my kids at the house so I could go. I owe her big time, she is a life saver! By Monday night I was ready to come home and take on the world! Puerto Rico is a beautiful island. We didn’t get to see a lot of it, but I want to go back someday.

I didn't bring any stitching or quilting with me, just books. I made myself completely relax. It was so nice!


I wanted to show you this Project Planner journal I started. I found the book at Office Depot awhile back. I like to make up my own quilt patterns, or if I get inspired by something I see online I like to write down ideas about it. This book has been pretty neat for me. I will write out my pattern, who or what it’s for, the date, and the fabrics I want to use. Most of the time I change patterns and do my own thing with them, and this book helps me keep it all organized. I used to write everything down on random scraps of paper and lose them. Now, it’s all here! I love this book.
The next Schnibble quilt is called Cindy Lou Who. After digging through my stash of charm packs, I realized I didn’t have enough of any one “set” to make this quilt, so I pulled out yardage from my stash, and am making it from red, white and blue fabrics.
I like how a pile of squares can become a quilt top, it's so cool!
I came home from my trip to find this adorable wall hanging in my mailbox! My friend Charissa made it for me, and I just love it, the witches are so cute. Thanks Charissa!
On October 25th, 2006 I started this little blog. I’ve really enjoyed posting here, and meeting so many amazing people. I’m going to have a giveaway, so be sure and come back to visit next week. Have a great weekend everybody!

12 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOWZERS...that is a FABULOUS vacational get away, huh?! Those pictures are awesome, I'm totally jealous! LOL!
And look at that darling witches quilted wall hanging!!! that is just darling and cute as a button!!! (YOU my girl, are a most deserving recipient)

mainely stitching said...

Now that is what I call a get-away! WOW!

Your quilting (your own, and that received) is gorgeous. My favorite is the Cindy Lou Who - love it!!!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Beautiful pictures glad you found some time to relax and get re-energized. The quilt planner is awesome and I like your new start. The little witches, are just adorable, that HAIR, wild. CJ ok;-)

Kathy A. said...

How lovely to be able to relax in Puerto Rico. You look like you enjoyed every minute of it.
I love your new quilts - your Cindy Lou Who in red, blue and white is awesome.
The quilt planner is a great idea.

Linda said...

I LOVE your Cindy Lou Who quilt. It turned out even cuter than shown on the pattern. What a great color combination! And the quilt wall-hanging is adorable. Love those witches! Gosh...Puerto Rico. What a beautiful place. I'm so glad you got to relax and enjoy!

Von said...

Woohoo! Puerto Rico is amazing! So
glad you were able to get away for a few days to relax. The only bad thing about it is that long ride on the airplane. Why does PR have to be so far away? :D

Brigitte said...

Oh my, lying on the beach or by the pool and reading for days just sounds heavenly. You must have enjoyed the four days very much.
Your quilts are always gorgeous.

staci said...

What an awesome getaway! So glad you enjoyed your 4 days of R&R.

That witch quilt is adorable!!! You've got some wonderful friends :)

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I love your Blog...you do beautiful quilting and I too keep a notebook with all of my Projects Info in it. I need to get mine updated as well.

Your Stitching and your Quilting is just out of this world.

Take care & Happy Stitching

Sharon said...

Oh my what a dream come true vacation. The pictures are beautiful. I love Puerto Rico, looks like heaven. All your stitching is just so beautiful and I love that witchy quilt you received lucky you. Its gorgeous.

Brenda said...

My parents live in PR and my Prince says he is moving to PR when he "Retires" (He just turned 14! LOL!). I have not been for a few years because my husband takes him every Spring and I get to rest...no a bad deal. I had forgotten how wonderful the beaches are; the sand is so fine the water so warm.How yummy! Thanks so much for bringing thoughts os "home" to me today. And send me Charissa's email, I need to become her friend, pronto! LOL!

MysteryKnitter said...

I am happy about your trip.