Sunday, June 21, 2009

2 more finishes!

Well, I finished two more small quilts this week. I am happy with them both! I like small quilts, you can get them done quick!

This is the pattern called XRated by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company. A Schnibbles pattern again. Aren't these patterns great? I have 2 more now to do someday soon. I did stipple quilting all over it in a dark gray thread. I am happy with how this one turned out. The fabric line is called Neptune by Tula Pink. I think it is beautiful fabric. But anything that has to do with the ocean I tend to love.
And I finished my "cash" quilt for my new nephew. I backed it with a light yellow flannel, and did stipple quilting on this too. So fun!! My nephew's name is Casch, which is why I made the money quilt, we couldn't resist the fun. Isn't little Casch the cutest baby??
I have really been enjoying the quilting lately. Now that I have become more comfortable with it, it's rewarding to be able to do this now. For those of you wanting to try it out, don't be shy! You have to give it a shot. Let me know if you do!

My in-laws and sister in law will be visiting us this week, so my sewing machine is getting put away for awhile. I can't wait to see them, it'll be wonderful!!! Have a great week everybody.

11 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love both the quilts and think the "play on words" for your nephews quilt is CUTE!
Jessie...what a cutie, All American Apple Pie Girl :)

mainely stitching said...

Your quilts are stunning, your nephew is adorable, and your daughter is absolutely beautiful!!

Loraine said...

Your nephew is so darling! I love his baby quilt as well. I hope you have a great visit with family.
I'm going to Florida to take care of my Sister-in-law, and her new baby as well. She ended up being transferred to a trauma hospital after giving birth, as she developed a condition called DIC, and was literally at deaths door. I hope to get a quilt done really quick so I can take it with me.
Cute picture of your daughter! Have a great week.

Linda said...

Little Casch is adorable, as is Jessie with her blue, blue eyes that match the ocean colors of the Neptune quilt so perfectly!I love the Cash/Casch quilt too. So clever!

Siobhán said...

Your nephew is adorable, and your daughter is a beauty!! The quilts are fabulous. You did a great job on the machine quilting on the Neptune quilt!

Lisa D. said...

What adorable kids, and I love the Neptune quilt with that dark background - it's stunning!

Maren said...

I love your designs. I enjoy the Cash/Casch quilt. Your nephew is just adorable!

Jenna said...

I always love seeing your quilting finishes. You are so talented and so fast! The cash quilt is a really cute idea. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your "Trip Around The World" quilt. The colors are absolutely perfect!

Sheryl

Brigitte said...

Such beautiful quilt finishes.

MysteryKnitter said...

Beautiful quilts. I hope the little C will be fine and your own children enjoy being cousins, because that is what they are for that little princess, Lily, and that Casch.