Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Some Finishes...

I hope you all had a nice 4th of July weekend for those of you here in the USA. My husband was in France all week long for work, so I headed up to Anacortes to visit friends. We had a blast! Charissa is a good friend of mine who taught me how to quilt, and gave me her old sewing machine... she's awesome (that is a picture of us below)! We wandered around Anacortes and went to the little quilt shops there and also to a cross stitch shop, where we fell in love with Shores of Hawk Run Hollow, so we both bought the fabric for it and the pattern, we are going to stitch it together! I told her we'll be okay as long as we finish it when our kids graduate from high school LOL! I am excited... and crazy :)

I stitched up the Shepherd's Bush Fob: America over the past few weeks. I finally completed it tonight, it is cute :) It's pretty big to be a Fob I think though, but it'll be a good ornament for my Christmas tree for sure. I even made the cording, a first for me... it wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be.

Also, I finished a tablerunner for a gift, I'm saving it for Christmas though :) It is made from a charm pack (5" squares), it's a Moda line of fabric, I though it was cute.

So, that is all for now, there were some really rough times in our family over the past week, and so I have been tired and stressed out. My mother in law had a heart attack, and it was really hard on her, she had to have open heart surgery. We were scared of losing her... I am glad to say things are getting better now. Just count your blessings, every single day.

16 comments:

Teresa said...

I hope the best for your mother in law as she recovers.
Your stitching is so pretty, such a cute design. It is nice to have stitching and sewing to keep us occupied. I think it helps when we are stressed.

Chiloe said...

I'm glad your MIL is fine now ...

Nice finished ;)

You really seemed to have a great time with your firend ;-)

Did you husband bring you some cross stitch magazines from France?

Dani said...

Great finishes ... hope that everyone is doing better. Good to hear that your MIL is doing alright ... that's tough.

Andrea said...

You look so cute in that picture. I tried you lj page today and it didn't work. Not sure if it's my computer or if you're not there anymore.

So glad to hear Mark's mom is getting better. She's been in my prayers.

mainely stitching said...

Hey Heather, so sorry to read of the family stress you've had lately. I hope all goes well, and things calm down for an enjoyable summer. :D

Love your table runner! And that SB fob!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

OH my Heather...I'm so sorry to hear of your MIL and will keep her and your family in my prayers. I understand about that...it's happened in our family too, and its a stressful, scary time. All the best to you and yours.

Karan said...

Hope your MIL makes a full recovery & is soon up & around again (((((hugs))))).
Lovely pic of you all. The fob & runner are so cute. :0)

Sonda said...

Sorry to hear about your MIL...that is scary stuff. The SB fob is wonderful!!

I have been so tempted to start up the Shores of Hawk Run Hollow...so far I've been good.

Can't wait to see how your progress goes.

Von said...

Hugs for all your family and prayers that your mil will fully recover from her surgery!

Great pic of you, your friend and the kids! Looks like you all had a great time. Anacortes is such a sweet little town. :)

CJ in OK ;-) said...

How nice to get away with your friend for a bit. Congrats on the SB fob finish it is cute. I love the quilted table runner those fabrics are great. Happy Stitching, CJ

Marie said...

I do hope you MIL is doing okay, what a scare!

You certainly needed that little vacation, and it sounds like it was really fun. Can't wait to see you progress on The Shore....Such a neat pattern.

Love the table runner and Fob. :)

staci said...

I come here and want to do everything that you've done! Love your fob, and your table runner is gorgeous too!

Sending prayers for your MIL {{hugs}}

Kathy A. said...

Glad to hear that your MIL is doing much better.
I love Shores too and bought it just recently.
Anacortes looks so nice. Glad you had a nice visit with your GF.

Alison said...

The FOB is lovely!!! I didn't know there was a cross stitch shop in Anacortes! I have been to the quilt shops several times on trips to Whidbey Island (It is about an hour south of us)

Jenna said...

I love the picture of you. You are so pretty!

MysteryKnitter said...

I am glad you were able to see a friend. I am sad about the MIL situation. I sure hope she'll recover.