Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July Review / August Goals

So much going on, summer is so awesome! I love being able to be outside at 9:00 pm, the weather is still perfect, and it’s quiet. We went to the fair on Saturday and had fun checking out all of the animals, and I wandered the textiles for awhile. There were some very beautiful things. I am tempted to enter next year, there weren’t as many entries as I thought there would be.

I wanted to mention, May Britt is having a blogaversary giveaway. She is a wonderful quilter, and blogs almost daily. I am a loyal reader :) Congratulations on 2 years!

I finished Cindy’s NRR on Sunday night. I have not been able to get photos of it yet. I will soon, it turned out very cute. There is only Von’s left for me to stitch now… I can’t believe we are almost done! I am so excited :D Von’s neighborhood is pretty elaborate, I’m already searching for the perfect cottage.

We are going on vacation in August, so I am posting my goals a little early, can’t wait to relax :)

July Review

Finish Cindy’s NRR and mail to Von *finished it, but will mail first of September*
Start SBEBB Shepherd’s Bush Exchange *finished!*
Work on Baby blanket for Andrea *top is done, need to complete*
Work on bird stitchery *yes*
Work on BBD: Sunflower House *yes*
Work on Old McMary’s *yes*Work on Snapperville *no*
Finish one Carpenter Star quilt *no*
Stitch an ornament *no*

Also finished: Shepherd’s Bush: America Fob, Cowgirl tablerunner, Holly Jolly Christmas quilt

August Goals

Work on bird stitchery
Work on BBD: Sunflower House
Work on Old McMary’s
Work on Snapperville
Stitch an ornament
Start SBEBB Fall House Exchange
Finish one Carpenter’s Star Quilt
Finish Andrea’s baby blanket

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey well done on your goals - and enjoy your holiday in August :)

Wendy said...

It sounds like your weather has been perfect for summer! I too love summer evenings...as long as I can keep the mosquitoes away! Have a wonderful holiday!

Carolyn said...

Heather, I just love reading your blog, especially since I'm a stitcher and a quilter like you. I get so inspired, and you've helped me get back motivated with my quilting, which I haven't done in years.

Becase of that, I have nominated you for the Brilliante Blogger Award. Please stop by my blog to pick up the award.

Have a great day!!

Carolyn :)

Marie said...

Hey, I just read that you were heading to CO and would have the good fortune of meeting up with Katrina. What fun, I want to go too! :D