Monday, July 21, 2008

Holly Jolly Quilt Finished!

Wow, another quilt, yay!!!! I started this one quite awhile back, and finally have it finished. I did find the fabric for the binding that I was searching for. I kind of made this quilt up, I used two charm packs, and bought about 6 fat quarters, and a few yards of the border, and white fabric. It's about 70" x 70" square, with red flannel on the back. It is really heavy and thick, so it'll keep us warm through the winter :D I love it!! It's so bright and happy.
I also finished the quilt top for my friend Andrea, she's having a baby in 3 weeks! I had better hurry and finish it :D

We went camping at Fort Stevens this weekend, it's on the Oregon coast just north of Seaside. It was a very fun weekend, and we enjoyed the beach. Even a racoon and deer walked right through our campground :) I hope you all have a nice week! I have some new secret projects to start, I am all excited to do them...

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the colours in your Holly Jolly Quilt. It looks inviting to cuddle up under it. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Nic said...

I love both your quilts - the colours look great and I like the simple lines - congratulations on the happy dances!

Cathy said...

Both quilts are beautiful! What an amazing gift for your friend. I'm so jealous of your quilting ability. I really should give it another shot.

mainely stitching said...

Heather, your quilting is so gorgeous!!!!

staci said...

More incredible quilts! Love, love, love your Holly Jolly quilt!!!

Karan said...

Both lovely, bright & cheerful quilts - gorgeous! :0)

Andrea said...

Very nice--too bad I'm not the Andrea getting your work. :) (I'm not pregnant.)

Hannah said...

Your quilts are so beautiful! I wish we lived near one another so you could teach me! :)

Tobie said...

Beautiful quilts!!! OMG, I love the fabrics and your work is just gorgeous! Congrats on your beautiful finishes!

Sharon said...

Simply gorgeous!

Anne Ida said...

Your Holly Jolly Quilt turned out wonderful!! It looks so cozy and inviting, I'm sure it will be a winter favorite :o)

I have a feeling your quilt for your friend's baby will be a hit :o)

Marie said...

What a fun quilt and the flannel quilt back will certainly keep you warm...reminds me that I should finish my flannel quilt! :)

Von said...

What a glorious quilt, Heather!! You've certainly earned the Kreativ Blogger award I gave you on my blog today. :D
http://onthedryside.blogspot.com/2008/07/sweet-rewards.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather

Wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Kreativ award. Check my blog for details

Sonda said...

Love those quilts!! My MIL has offered to make a quilt for each of my boys for Christmas. I just have to pick out the fabric. I can't wait.

Great minds think alike. You're a Kreativ star on my blog, too!!

They didn't have the chart for SOHRH at A&T the other night. So, I'm waiting. Maybe I will see you at one of the first Tuesday night thingys.

Melissa said...

I LOVE Holly Jolly. It's one that I'm wanting to do one day. Great job! You always have so many beautiful things on your blog. Thanks for sharing!

Jenna said...

I'm glad that you were able to finish Holly Jolly. Both quilts are so wonderful and colorful! Congratulations on the finishes. :)

Anonymous said...

Both quilts are beautiful! Love the bright colours. :)

Lennu said...

Beautiful quilts again, Heather! Your blog is a joy to read, I just love all the bright and pretty colours here :)

MysteryKnitter said...

I am sure Andrea will love it. I mean the baby quilt.