Monday, June 02, 2008

May Review / June Goals

May review:
Work on Old McMary’s *yes*Work on Snapperville *no*Work on BBD: Sunflower House *yes*Work on Star Lights Quilt *yes, finished top*Make baby blanket for friend Jennifer *yes*Work on Carpenter Star Quilts *yes, finished 1 top*Stitch an ornament *no*Finish Dani’s NRR and mail *yes*

Also finished the 4th of July F&S, worked on LHN Plums, and worked on Short Story quilt.

June Goals:
Work on Old McMary’s Work on Snapperville Work on BBD: Sunflower House Make baby blanket for friend AndreaWork on Carpenter Star Quilts Stitch an ornament
Stitch F&S blocks mail by 6/20
Find chart for next NRR

I have been saving my fabric scraps. Only the bigger pieces, hoping I’d find a pattern I liked to use them on. I’ve always liked the idea of one, because it’d have the scraps of all the quilts I’ve made, and it would bring good memories for me :) Anyway, I have 3 grocery bags full of scraps now… that’s a lot for me! And I decided I want to do something with them. After I saw Anne Ida’s beautiful Ocean Waves quilt in blues/whites I knew that was the pattern I want to do. Then, I remembered Bonnie on Quiltville’s website. She had the instructions all written out! So, I’ve jumped off into to the deep end, to try and make this quilt. It’s going to take a long time for me to make this, but I’ve started! :D I’ve started ironing and cutting anyway :)

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Good luck with the new quilt!!!

MysteryKnitter said...

Good luck with the new quilt.