Monday, May 26, 2008

Finishing! and the Beach! and a Quilt!


I was able to sit down today and do some finishing :D It's about time...

Blueberries by LHN, made into a pillow
Stars and Stripes by LHN made into a wall hanging
Be Mine by Lizzie Kate made into a pinkeep
And my F&S from Danica finished into a pillow
Fun!
I also finished a quilt top, this is will be for my Aunt Phyllis. I am close to being done with another quilt top as well.
On Saturday we went to the coast and had a great day. We went to Short Sands, a cove. It stayed foggy for most of the day, but it wasn't too cold, or windy. We wandered over to see the waterfall on the far end of the beach and I took a bunch of pictures, it was so pretty :)
On the way home we saw a huge thunder storm rolling towards us, it made everything look so green! We got 1" of rain in an hours time, it was quite a storm!
I hope you all had a nice weekend :)

18 comments:

Kathy A. said...

What beautiful finishes. I applaud you for such lovely work. Your cove pictures are lovely. Such fun

staci said...

Wow Heather, your finishes are so stunning!!! Your needles have been flying...love them all!!!

Nic said...

Looks like you had a busy weekend - I think your finishes are great!

Sounds like you had fun at the beach :o)

Anne Ida said...

Wow, you have been busy! Your finihsings looks wonderful! I absolutely love the blueberry cushion! And great quilt top! Have you used a jelly roll?

Wendy said...

Great finishing! You've been so busy getting so much done ~ yeah for you!

Sonda said...

The finishes are great!!! Saw that thunderstorm as it turned into lightning here! WOW!

mainely stitching said...

I love the pictures! You've done such a talented job of finishing - very inspirational! And I just love pictures of the coastline where you live!!

Cyndi said...

Great finishes! I love the pic of the oncoming storm, too. I'm just finishing up blueberries - part of doing the whole set on one piece of fabric, one-over-one. Yours looks nice two-over-two!

Susimac said...

WOW What wonderful finishes - congratulations my favourite has to be blueberry cushion I think.

Thanks for sharing pictures of your wonderful weekend I enjoyed looking at them

Dani said...

Great finishes. Heather - I love how you finished the squares that I sent you, glad you could use the fabric. Looks like your family had a great weekend.

Sue said...

I am speechless at your finishes. They are ALL so beautiful ;)

Marie said...

Wow, so many gorgeous finishes, good for you.
Great pictures of your beach trip. What kind of digital camera do you have? It takes nice pics.

Judith said...

What a beautifull finishes. I really love your pillows. And your quilttop is gorgeous.
Congrats on everything.

Anonymous said...

Lovely finishes!

Anonymous said...

Great finishes!

Karan said...

Love how you've finished all of these pieces - gorgeous!
Great pics too - although am glad storms like that are rare here in the UK.

Jenna said...

Wow, great finish work, Heather! You really are a whiz with that sewing machine. Beautiful quilt top, too. :)

Lennu said...

Wonderful finishes, great work! They all look so pretty, I especially like your pillows.