Friday, January 18, 2008

The tooth fairy pays a visit

It’s my 200th post, wow! I hope you all aren’t sick of me yet :D Because I plan on posting even more.

It’s Friday, who is happy about that??? ME! I like Fridays because of course the weekend will be here the next day. This week went by really fast for me. It was a good week too. Colleen came over on Wednesday and we sewed for several hours, it was really nice. I was able to finish the gift for my MIL, here it is. I love how it turned out. I hope she likes it too. I have to get the dowel to hang it now. :) I just might keep it LOL!




I also started a new quilt. I have some of the squares cut out for it now. It is called Star Lights from a summer 2007 magazine. Can’t remember what magazine in particular LOL! This quilt will be for me, I bought several yards of fabric while I was in Utah, and have decided to use this pattern for the fabric. It’ll be pretty big and take awhile, but that’s okay :) I am excited to have a new quilt going.



I have had problems making myself be motivated to finish adding borders to two of my quilts. I am not sure why I procrastinate this… but I always do! My Grandma’s log cabin and my pumpkin quilt both need one more border on them and then I can send them out to be quilted. I hope I can get off my bum and just do it this weekend. Wish me luck :D

Blogging is fun for me, but it stresses me out too. I feel like I should be blogging more often then I do, and then I worry myself about it. I’ve decided to start to relax a little (in my mind) and try to blog once a week or, more often if I have the time. I like to have posts that have meaning to them, and it takes time to write them and get the pictures loaded for it. I’ve really had fun reading all of your blogs and appreciate the time and effort you put into them, and also for taking time to comment here. I try to leave comments, but life gets busy as you all know and I can’t always. Just know I am reading and do think about you all :D I like leaving comments as much as I like receiving comments.

So, my big 6 year old boy lost his first tooth last night. He was so excited! The tooth fairy visited last night, and he woke up at 6 am to tell us this (thanks for that). I don’t do mornings. BUT it was fun to listen to him jabber on about it. He’s getting so big now, Mark and I are in shock that we will soon have a 7 year old kid. Time is not slowing down either, it seems to be going faster actually. How do you make this bus stop???



I am thinking of adding links to different blogs on my sidebar. I have found several designers/artists that I keep going back to for inspiration. I will slowly do this as I find them. I hope that you all will enjoy them as well. If you have not found them already of course :)

Well, this post sure went all over the map. You get a cookie for finishing! Have a nice weekend.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cute little Harvest quilt. Your quilting fabrics are a lovely choice for this piece. Whoever gets it is a lucky person.

I think once a week is plenty for blog posts. I only post when I have something to say or show unless it has been a while and then I try to come up with something interesting to say or to show. Your idea about having meaning in your posts is important. What use is it to blog just to have more posts? Blogging should be about sharing the information that we feel will be inspiring, useful, or enhances the readers in one way or another. I have found a lot of inspiration on your blog and will continue to visit whether you post every day or once a month.

Pat said...

Congrats on your 200th post and may you have at least 200 more. I enjoy your blog. You do beautiful work. If you ever find a way to stop the bus please let me know.

Kendra said...

Congrats on the Tooth Fairy visit! We had our first visit right after Christmas...my 5 yo (yes, she's a bit ahead of schedule...LOL!) lost her first tooth the day after Christmas when we were out of town. Hers was also a bottom center one, but on the other side. Her permanent tooth is already half-way in, too!

Sue said...

Beautiful wall hanging for your MIL. I love the colors and the fabric is so perfect for that design. Nice work ;)

Dani said...

I love the wall hanging! It looks wonderful ... I'm sure your MIL will love it.

Dawn T. said...

I love the wall hanging!! Great job:) I can't wait to see your progress on your new quilt.

Cathy said...

That tooth fairy has been very busy lately!

mainely stitching said...

Happy 200th! And don't stress about blogging - the idea of it is to have fun, isn't it? :)

Your little tooth fairy recipient is adorable - what a cute picture!

Lennu said...

What a lovely gift for your MIL! I enjoy so much reading your blog :)

Oh don't stress about blogging, it really should be fun :) I will come back every time you update, no matter when :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Heather you did a lovely job on the quilted wall hanging!

The quilt you're planning on starting will be beautiful!

Kathy A. said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful and your fabric choice right on. That new quilt looks like quite the job! Good luck. I am sure it will be as beautiful as any of your other quilts that I have seen.
I see Curran is looking spiffy with his missing tooth. Tell him "even good luck charms" have to have new teeth.

Kathy said...

I agree with you about loving to blog, but that it takes a lot of time. Sometimes I feel like I should do it more often than I do, but don't think I have much to offer in a blog and usually not pictures every time. So, I,like you, try to post at least every week. I still cannot figure out how some people have time to do pictures and write-ups every day.

The only problem with blogging once a week is that sometimes my posts get too long, but I will continue that way.

Love the quilt pattern.

Leeland said...

Well, I certainly wish I could stop that bus too! DD is seven and -on Xmas day- she waited until the evening to tell us that she knew the whole truth about santa... I guess she wanted to make sure she'd have gifts anyway... Lol! But I sooo regret that it's over now. Half the magic is gone...
I love the quilt you're about to start. Very beautiful.
Give a hug to the cute young man on the pic (wink).
Lili

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful wall hanging! I'm sure that she will love it. Congratulations on your son's first visit from the tooth fairy. :)

jane said...

I really enjoy your blog, and I always read it, even though I don't always comment. You inspire me too!

Sharon said...

Love your mil's gift! Very pretty. I think your blog is great and you shouldn't worry so much about posting-just enjoy the process. Your son is so cute! I hope the tooth fairy was good to him.

Marie said...

Our minds think alike, I too love the Star Light Quilt. I saw it in a Fons and Porter Magazine (1999 I think) and saved it, I also saw it in "Nickle Quilts" book and knew that I would make it for my son to take to college! I am going to use plaids. This is the quilt I will be starting, and hopefully finishing, while in Texas!

Michelle said...

Cute finish! And your new quilt you have planned is gorgeous. I hope that you get motivated to finish up the borders on your quilts. You are always an inspiration to me...I finally put the binding on one of my quilts I had quilted months ago!

MysteryKnitter said...

SL quilt is lovely. I hope your son will get a new tooth soon.