Sunday, August 19, 2007

Stars & Stripes

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blocks! It helps to hear those :D I have been feeling much better this weekend, finally. I have just been a bit off all of last week, it was really weird. I was not in the mood to do anything, not even stitch! That is so not good for me. Now I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do :)
My mom comes to visit on Tuesday, she'll be here for 3 weeks. I have been doing a lot of de-cluttering around here, loads of stuff in the trash, and to the Goodwill :) It feels good! I borrowed our cousin's carpet cleaner, so hopefully we can do that soon too. Yay, a clean house!

I have been working on Little House Needleworks: Stars & Stripes since the beginning of the month at work. I finally just finished it yesterday when we were coming home from the beach. I think it'll be finished as a wall hanging or a cube-it. Not sure which one yet.
I got a beautiful gift in the mail from Dawn on Friday! I love it! It is so perfect. It matches my new blue living room perfectly. So it will be displayed for all to enjoy :) Also, she was so kind and sent me a pattern and some beads. Thank you again Dawn!
Now I will work on my two exchanges coming up. I signed up for a Halloween and an Autumn Quaker exchange. I kitted them both up so I can start working on them whenever I am in the mood :D I'll also start working on the Neighborhood RR, I have Debby's! I have the chart all picked out. It should look nice :) Have a nice Sunday and I'll talk to you all soon!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Great finish and what a wonderful gift!

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh, that Welcome needleroll is so perfect for your living room! And I love Stars & Stripes - it'll make a perfect cube.

Enjoy your mom's visit!!

Itching To Stitch said...

I love your Stars & Stripes square and that needleroll is beautiful ;)

Von said...

How nice to have your Mom with you for 3 weeks!

I've been going through my stash again looking for just the right thing for Rowyn's NRR. I've talked with a friend and I'm going to paw through her stash this week to see what I can find - what a sweetie!

Your S&S square is awesome - as is the needleroll from Dawn!

Dawn said...

Love the Stars and Strpies!

I am so glad you liked the needlero1l:) I had fun making it for you. Enjoy!!

Kathy said...

LHN Stars and Stripes is lovely. The needleroll is very nice. I am a sucker for patriotic things. I guess I need to add Stars and Stripes to my stash.

Michelle said...

Not only do I love your Stars & Stripes finish, but your pincushion is super cute! Congrats on the finish!

tkdchick said...

Congrats on yoru finish! Looks so delicate. Lovely parcel to receive from Dawn!

Katrina said...

Very cute, I love patriotic designs! And what a nice needleroll.