Monday, July 23, 2007

Summer is Waving

I worked on this for a few days and finished it today:
Shepherd’s Bush: Summer is Waving kit

It is on 10 count fabric, so it is big! It called for 3 strands of floss, and had this honkin’ embroidery needle in there. A bit of an overkill, but it worked :) I think it is cute. What do you think I should finish it into? I was thinking a flatfold, or a wall hanging. What would you do? Hmmm?

The weather here has been so weird. It is very humid, overcast, and rainy for the past week. I want the sun! This weather is for winter time! The humidity is what is so annoying :P I am whining… I shall stop to spare you all.

My next project to work on at work will be another Shepherd’s Bush chart, my ornaments! I need to get cookin’ on them if I want all of them done for Christmas :) I have all of these new SB kits just waiting to be stitched… so I better get going.

8 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

It looks great. Seeing as its nice and chunky you should finish it in the same way not refined and delicate

mainely stitching said...

That came out so cute! Something quirky and fun would suit it well for a finishing method. :)

I also tend to go on about the humidity. Ugh!

Sharon said...

Fantastic finishes! I love the harbor lights. Congrats on both.

Hannah said...

Cute! I think it would be nice finished as a wall-hanging, but kinda in a doorknob hanger style... if that makes any sense.. lol.

Carol said...

So cute! How about a wallhanging for this one - that's my vote!

Michelle said...

So cute! I think a wall hanging would be a great idea too!

BeckySC said...

It's cute!! I look forward to seeing how you finish it!

Cathy B said...

Great finish Heather! Can't wait to see how you finish it. Looking forward to seeing your SB ornaments!