Sunday, May 20, 2007

Neighborhood RR WIP

So, I've been busily stitching away at this. I kind of pulled from several charts and other NRR's I've seen. I like how it's turning out so far. I think I'll put a wagon with hay in it up by the barn, and a pond and weeping willow to the left of the house. I want to put a horse in it, but am not sure how to do it, since the area is so small... I'm trying to figure it out, any ideas?

I'm working on my trip around the world quilt still. I've ironed all of the fabric onto the fusible gridding, so now I am just sewing away.

I've received most of the birthday blocks from the exchange I am in. I wanted maroon/green/cream star blocks. I love what I have gotten so far. I should still receive 4 or 5 more, then I'll make as many as I need to make a good size quilt. I wanted Christmas-y colors, so I could have a nice one laying out for Christmas time :D
I've finished a big cross stitch project last night, WOO! It's a gift, so I cannot show it until the receipient recieves it. :) It looks so nice, and I am so glad to have it finished :D You know how frustrated I've been with beading the Mermaids. Well, I have been using a matching DMC color to the bead to do it. I bought some clear quilting thread and beaded with that on my newly finished project and it went SO much faster. I am thinking with my Mermaids I'll use this clear thread now, maybe I'll actually get it finished in the next three years LOL! Does anyone else use this clear thread? It was just nice to be able to do whatever color of bead at anytime.

Thank you everyone for visiting and leaving such nice comments. Jessie is feeling much better now. She had been throwing up and had a slight fever. So, she couldn't keep her medicine down to relieve the fever. Poor baby! She broke her fever that night and is now on the mend. I am so glad. Having a sick kid is never easy.

10 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Sick kids are just the saddest thing, aren't they? I'm glad Jessie is feeling better.

Your quilting and stitching pictures are always a joy! Good luck with your NRR, it's beautiful so far!

Cindy said...

I have used the clear thread. I have found that it is a bit more difficult to work with, but you're right...it makes it easier to do whatever color of bead you need.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your RR is looking fabulous :)

Dawn T. said...

Your RR looks great! I love the squares. It's gonna look wonderful:)

I use clear thread most of the time with my beading. My only problem with it is if I drop the thread...trying to find something clear is a little bit of a pain.

Rose Marie said...

Oh, those blocks will make a lovely quilt and perfect for Xmas! You'll have to show us the extra ones that you make up.

Marie said...

Would love to see the RR finished! It is coming along nicely.
What beautiful quilting blocks ~ I did not realize that you were such an avid quilter...I too spend much time constructing quilt tops. I let someone else quilt them so that I have more time to construct tops and cross stitch. :D

Wendy said...

Your RR is coming along beautifully! The pond and tree will make it look great. And very nice quilt blocks you have there too.

Beading - such a chore but so worth it in the long run. What works best for me is to use a thread the same colour as the fabric, that way I can I don't have to keep changing the thread for the bead colour and seem to be able to move through the pattern fairly quickly. I gave tried invisible nylon thread and felt like I was going blind!

Carol said...

Oh my! Your RR block is growing quickly - and is so sweet!!! I love the country look you are starting off with - makes me really, really wish I were in your group so I could see it up close and personal :-)

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I like those red and green quilt blocks. Stitching and quilting goes hand in hand. I like to embroider and sometimes add those embroidered blocks into a quilt.

MysteryKnitter said...

The RR is coming along just fine. I just don't believe a horse will fit in anywhere, but you can try to put a small horse somewhere. I am glad your little princess is better.