Saturday, May 12, 2007

Neighborhood RR Beginning

Well, I went ahead and started my Neighborhood RR. It took me forever to make the border, it was just so long! I did it in short chunks and eventually got it done last night. I still have to make another border around that border LOL! Anyway.... I gridded the fabric to have the blocks 70x70, and started stitching the barn. I want mine to be farms. Whether it has a barn, or pasture, or tractor along with the house is up to who is stitching. As long as it's farm related :) I bought Belfast Linen 32 count light sand. I like this linen, it's nice.

I started planting my garden today. I got a row of sunflowers, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots and cucumbers. I'm going to do pumpkins too, I am just thinking tomorrow because I am tired! Digging dirt is hard work!

And here is a picture of the kids in my peonies. I wish they bloomed longer than they do, but only for a few months. I wish it was all summer long! They are so beautiful.

And here is a picture of me just for fun :D

Can you tell she's my daughter? LOL! (yes I am a little silly... just a little though) :D They like taking their pictures with our webcam, they are littl showoffs. :D

10 comments:

Barbara said...

FABULOUS photos!!!

Happy Mother's Day, too. :D

Cathy said...

Love the pictures :)

Dawn said...

Aww...your babies are beautiful! Great start on the RR,too.

Happy Mother's Day:)

Vonna said...

Cute pictures of you and your little ones :)

Kendra said...

You and I think alike: one of these days, if I get a chance to do a RR, I've already decided I want mine to be farms/barns with critters and tractors and such. :-)

Cute pictures! Good thing we don't have a webcam, or else my 4 yo would want to take pictures like that all the time!

Happy Mother's Day! :-)

Wendy said...

You're off to a good start on your RR! And I love the pics of you and the kids - they're great!

Michelle said...

GReat start on your RR! Love the farm theme.

Michelle said...

GReat start on your RR! Love the farm theme.

Lizzy said...

Oh, what marvelous piccys of you and your precious babies, Heather! :-) I love them!

And what a lovely start to your NRR! It's going to be beautiful and I can't wait to see more!

Gosh, I didn't realise I had gotten so behind with my blogging... You've been so busy! :-)

Thanks for thinking of me and all your sweet and kind wishes, Heather... You're an Angel! :-) I'll post a piccy of my Pink - I mean Red Rose Flame hair in my next blog entry... lol

{{{Hugs}}}

tkdchick said...

What fun pictures and its great to put a face with the name! My Neighbourhood RR isn't moving that fast either... but at least the basting is done!