Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I heard that Barbara received my package I sent for her upcoming birthday! I’ll go ahead and post pictures now… just kidding! :D Her birthday is June 1st, so the package got there early. Great, now we all have to be waiting in suspense. That is IF she has enough will power to not open it until her big day! I am glad to hear it arrived safely, I always get a bit nervous mailing overseas… that big WHAT IF factor. And where would it be factor :D

I also have a finish to share! I got this Little House Needleworks chart from Cathy with her PIF gift. I loved stitching it up, thank you so much again Cathy. You are so nice! :)

Little House Needleworks
Cherries
Stitched on 32 count Antique White Linen
5/15 to 5/22

I apologize, several of you keep asking how I’ll finish these and I keep forgetting to tell you! I am thinking I’ll make them into a sort of bellpull or wall hanging. But I want to stitch all of them first, then decide :) They’d be really cute little cubes too though huh? We’ll see…

I really need to work on my Mermaids, or my 4 Seasons WIP now. So, I’ll be pulling one of those out next and try to rotate them a bit at home. Now that I discovered the clear thread makes the beading easier to do, I might do those Mermaids and actually finish them! My 4 Seasons doesn’t have too much left to do on it. Well not much considering how huge it is. I want to finish it this year, it’s been 6 years in the making! I want to start some new big WIP, but won’t until these are both done.

Here is a picture of my 4 Seasons in case some of you haven’t seen it yet. It’s by Marjolein Bastin. I have loved working on it. I started this when I was first learning how to stitch, and so I didn’t buy fabric big enough. As you can see my stitching goes to the very edge of the Aida cloth. I am hoping I can stitch some nice coordinating fabric to it when I am done so it can be stretched and put in a frame. Has anybody else ever done this, and do you recommend that? Let me know please!!! There is no way I am re-stitching it :D

What one do you think I should work on to finish, the 4 Seasons, or Mermaids of the Deep Blue??? Hmmm??? :)

10 comments:

Carol said...

Cherries came out so cute - congratulations! And oh, that M. Bastin chart is my favorite!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Cherries is cute :)
I have that M.Batin chart and started it eons ago....I think the fabric on the sides to frame works...I heard some others do that before...but I've never done it myself.
I think this is one of the best M. Bastin cross-stitches out there. It is stunning :)

Dawn T. said...

Cherries is adorable!

Cathy B said...

Cherries looks great! I'm glad you enjoyed stitching it!

Lennu said...

Cherries look so cute, it's a lovely design. Good luck for finishing the 4 Seasons, it's beautiful!

mainely stitching said...

Like Vonna, said, I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard of others who've managed to sew extra fabric around a piece so it can still be framed. No worries! It's a masterpiece, too!

I'm still holding strong, though the temptation is ENORMOUS! My DH let it slip that he hasn't yet gotten me a gift, so I'm hoarding the couple of gifts that have arrived in the mail in case that's all there is to open. ;)

Michelle said...

Love 4 Seasons, I have that one in my stash. I don't see why you couldn't sew on even just some muslin strips to make it the size needed for framing. Especially if you mat it, the mat can cover all that. Beautiful! I'd say finish the mermaids - but then I am partial to mermaids!

Jeanne said...

Yes you can sew on fabric strips to allow you to frame this piece. (I've done it) If you think that is still too close and the muslin will show slightly, then you could pick a solid color fabric that matches something in the stitched piece. If you sew it on nice and straight it could be a small colored accent border within a larger set of mats. Another alternative is to fold the edges under and tack the piece to a larger piece of different colored linen like they do with some samplers. A good needlework framing place should be able to do that for you. Then it will look "mounted". Good luck - I absolutely LOVE this pattern - have it in stash but not even begun it yet.

Von said...

I've sewn a piece of linen to my design fabric before - I considered it a design element. :D

MysteryKnitter said...

The cherry one is lovely.