Monday, November 27, 2006

Home again Home again Jiggety Jig :)

Our vacation was a lot of fun! We made it home safely, without too much bad weather. The kids were so good in the car, it was a good trip. I was able to go to a lot of cross stitch and quilting shops while I was there, which of course made me enhance my stash :D I have bought several more patterns and fabrics. I’ll take pictures this week to show them. I do have an update on my Mermaids of the Deep Blue. I worked hard on them on the long drive there and back. Here they be!

I am almost done with the stitching… I would say another 2-4 hours on them, and then I can add the beads. I am sure beading will take a long time, there are so many of them. Isn’t it pretty?

And I hear my exchange for the USEBB Christmas ornament was received… and she loved it! Yes! I was so happy to hear that. I had Seniorita Stitches to make an ornament for. I had a lot of fun doing this. It was my first time making an ornament this way, I used cardboard inside of it. :) I also sent some extra fun goodies. It is by The Workbasket from the JCS 2005 Ornament Magazine.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, your mermaids are moving along rapidly now! I love the exchange you received too. Welcome home - coming home is as sweet as going away first feels - my DH says coming home is actually better :-)

Carol said...

Ooops - it is an exchange you sent, not received - well done!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely exchange piece you made and sent. I'm sure she's very happy with it. Your mermaids looks great, almost there now :)

Katrina said...

The ornament is really cute, what a nice present. I always look at the miriabilia designs, I think my DD would love a couple in her room. I need to get busy on my stitching!

Wendy said...

Your mermaids are stunning on the dark fabric you are using! I can't wait to see them once you start beading.

And I love the ornament you made for the exchange - its beautiful!